WHAT MAKES OUR SPRINGS UNIQUE?
All of our springs are constructed from Certified Chrome Silicon wirestock to ISO 9001:2008 quality standards to withstand extreme heat and highly cyclic rate. The certification rating ensures a consistency in the parent material of 95%, which translates to repeatable consistency in performance & function. Certified Valve Quality Chrome Silicon wire is used in very high stress applications such as, NASCAR, Formula One, Moto GP & Pro Stock racing motor valve springs. It is not uncommon in some of these applications for valve springs to see 15,000,000 compression cycles in one race. It is this extraordinary capability that makes Chrome Silicon wire the obvious choice in our spring production vs. music wire or 17-7 PH used in OEM springs and by most aftermarket competitors. In addition, all of our Chrome Silicon buffer springs are heat treated, stress relieved, and dual-stage shot peened in separate post winding treatments. We also treat each spring with a proprietary, deep-penetrating, Re-Micronized (to .3 Micron particle size), inhibited, Molybdenum-Disulfide (MoS2) formulation to eliminate 90% of all mechanical wear on the spring. The combination of materials & processes result in a loss of no more than 5% in spring efficiency. The minimum anticipated duty cycles of our buffer spring designs are in excess of 1,500,000 cycles.
CONSTRUCTION SPECS: CARBINE & RIFLE BUFFER SPRINGS:
- ASTM Grade A877 Certified Valve Quality Chrome Silicon Wirestock
- Heat Treated, Stress Relieved and Dual Stage Shot-Peened post winding (Our springs really ARE shot-peened)
- Impregnation / Plating with Re-Micronized Molybdenum Disulfide formulation
- Hard plastic tube packaging for protected transport and easy storage
- Optional Cryogenic Processing available upon request
Shortened “lock time” for faster sight recovery and platform stability
Consistent spring pressure throughout the duty cycle of the spring, resulting in fewer malfunctions related to spring operation. (Especially Type III malfunctions)
Improved & consistent cyclic operation. Spring will not change performance for many hundreds of thousands of rounds.
Greater resistance to heat induced performance degradation
Reduced cyclic rate with Enhanced or Extra Power springs and reduce / eliminate bolt bounce with optimal spring / buffer weight selection.
Reduced operating cost as replacement springs are not needed during the life of your upper receiver assembly. Less downtime and fewer trips to the armorer for spring replacement, in fact, this will most likely be the only buffer spring you will ever need for the duty cycle of your carbine or rifle!
Correct spring selection works reliably, consistently, and virtually indefinitely in all properly built and maintained AR platforms.
- BKF MOD-1 AR15 Fluted 8 Position Anti-Tilt Carbine Length Buffer Tube
- H2 Carbine buffer W/ Tungsten Weights (2) and Steel Weight (1).
- Sprinco Extra Power Buffer spring (RED)
- Steel Mil Spec end plate and Mil Spec locking (castle) nut – Phosphate Coating
- Made in the USA
BKF MOD-1 AR15 Fluted 8 Position Anti-Tilt Carbine Length Buffer Tube Features include:
- Billet machined from 6061-T651 aluminum for tighter concentricity than a forging or impact extrusion to reduce potential for bolt carrier binding.
- 8 position adjustment with machined indicators visible through any stock with a viewing port located at the stock latch pin. Extended positions, increment adjustments have a finer spaced length of pull.
- Mil Spec extension diameter of 1.148, and thread diameter of 1.185
- Carbine length
- Extended carrier support flange that supports the carrier for better anti-tilt performance.
- Self aligns with the buffer detent.
- Fluted for a more aesthetic look
- Chamfered edges on the stock guide ramps for better feel
- 3 Drain holes at 6 O’clock
- Weight 3.45 oz
- Proudly made in the USA!!!
- RED: Extra Power Spring
The option with the most spring tension, this spring is suited for rifles and carbines with excessive bolt speeds. This spring is suitable for 16″ and Shorter uppers in any caliber with carbine length or pistol length gas systems (which are typically over gassed), all suppressed rifles, piston operated rifles, and 9mm conversions
The H2 Buffer is a heavy buffer designed to reduce felt recoil, as well as reduce the cycling rate on full-auto rifles. It is designed to mil-spec standards for use in AR15 carbines with a collapsible buttstock. Weight: 4.7oz.